Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting solution means saving and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server handled by a web hosting provider. There are different classes of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's review them. In that way, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you wish to launch a blog, e-mail accounts, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service delivered by some hosts, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file storage packages frequently involve adverts next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a given span of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally unsuitable interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would share the workload between different packs of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous web page hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a sort of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific vendors offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting kind is suitable if you would like to share a vast amount of pics with mates or acquaintances since the service is usually free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to managing your mail address accounts. Some vendors offer webspace hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an email service. If you want to have an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a web site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can create e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip creates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to manage as many videos as you would like without bothering about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to have a web site. To some extent, it involves all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and mailbox accounts, upload video clips, etc. At Free Hostia, for example, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in one location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse compared with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for particular web content solely.